Iveson Clinic re-open
Clinic re-open Introduction
In line with government guidelines and our governing bodies, the clinic is now re-open for emergencies, urgent and essential treatments.
Our work brings us closer than 2 metres and so precautions are in place to reduce the risk to the therapist and patient.
Patients will be phoned prior to their treatment to ensure that they and their household have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days. If they have, then treatment would not be possible until the set quarantine recommendations have been completed.
If a patient falls into the ‘vulnerable’ category:
- Over 70
- Reduced immunity
Discussion would be made to see if treatment could be offered remotely by phone or online consultation. A decision can then be made as to whether the benefits of face to face treatments outweigh the risks.
Preference for treatment where possible would be virtual and we have had good success with a new software, Rehab my Patient. This offers excellent advice, exercises and videos that can be e mailed to a patient after their online consultation.
Face to face appointments
Where face to face appointment is deemed appropriate between the therapist and patient, the following procedure would be in place:
- Consent to treatment to be completed by the patient
- Initial telephone appointment to answer questions regarding their injury ( thus limiting the amount of face to face time with the therapist)
- Patient to bring a mask to wear during their treatment
- The therapist will wear PPE whilst treating the patient
- Sanitise hands on entering the clinic
- Longer gaps between patients to enable surfaces to be disinfected and room aerated between treatments
- Self paying patients to pay for treatment wirelessly
We wish to reassure our patients that we are doing all we can to safeguard you and our staff. If you are in pain and haven’t responded to medication and exercise. Or, you are having difficulty working, we may be able to help.
Telephone: 01787 374964